Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sunning Myself in Belize

Welcome to Belize everyone! The big thing for me to get used to is NO RAIN! Crazy I know. Just wanted to mention a few quick things on my 2nd day here in Caye Caulker. Driving through Belize City to the marine terminal for the water taxi was an eye opener, very poor areas. Thanks to Johnette's friend Sheryl for warning me not to stay there on my own. A local guy tried to sell me on staying at 1788 hotel or whatever and I'm so glad I didn't. I saw it on a walk in the afternoon yesterday and it looked like a dump. I'm staying at Tropical Paradise, one place recommended by a friend of my friend Marie's cousin. It's not as cheap here as in Costa Rica so right now I'm in a room by myself. I found a hostel on the beach that is only $5 cheaper but since I lost the lock for my pack I'm not keen on switching unless I find a new one. It doesn't have any security options for passports, etc. It does have a kitchen and looks like a fun atmosphere but I'm contemplating a week of more solitude right now.

Oh, did I forget to mention that the hotel has a little mini graveyard next to it? Hmmm, kind of interesting if you ask me. I also like that the main streets are Front, Middle, and Back Streets. I was so tired from staying up so late with my new friends in San Jose (Costa Rica) before heading to the airport that I slept like a log last night and for HOURS! I went in the water by my hotel and got a little sting on the ankle.

Well, my hour is up so, later!

1 Comments:

At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifa! Instead of responding to your email, I'm posting on your blog, because I've never done that before:) I told Carrie to unpack some of her clothes so I can stuff into her pack and fly to meet you. It sounds like your trip is all ready full of amazing adventures. Remember to soak up the lone adventures for the next few days, because its not long before your permanent companion arrives:) I'm happy that you are safe and having a good time, keep it up girl!
Love Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home