Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Countdown - 6 Days to Go!

Okay, I just lost my whole LONG posting that I just about finished. Agony! Now I don't feel like rewriting everything - CRAP! Well, I'll attempt it but I doubt it will be as thorough or interesting. What the heck did I say anyway?!

Hmmm, okay only six days to go! Of course I still have things to finish up although it's probably less then I'm thinking. I had a great party that Mike and Scott held for me at their condo on 10/22/05. Thanks so much to everyone who came, I have some great photos. As soon as I figure out how to upload, share, etc., my photos you might see them too!

Oh, and thanks to Mike & Scott for helping me Sunday night when I left their place and my car wouldn't start. Just what I need prior to leaving for almost six months right?! :) Ended up having to replace the battery and Mike actually helped the guy who came (sorry bro!). This also meant I missed coming to usher the Jane Franklin show at Dance Place (which also included my JMU Dance professors so I'm even more sorry I missed it!).

So, on with the update on planning. Carrie and I had a late start (traffic on my part) getting to the Indian Embassy yesterday but it went pretty smoothly. Although, I might say different after I try to pick it up this afternoon! Last night we almost finished booking the first two nights at hostels in each city when we arrive by plane. Only, Rome is left.

Thanks to Johnette and Marie for sending me some contacts for Costa Rica & Belize, I'll be contacting them just after I finish this posting! I haven't actually made any reservations yet for either although I know pretty much where I think I want to go.

Costa Rica - Fly in to San Jose (maybe stay one night) and go to Monteverde Cloud Forest and then to Playa Samara on the Nicoya Peninsula.

Belize - Fly into Belize City (maybe stay one night) and see the Mayan site Lamanai and then go ferry to Caye Caulker and stay there.

Of course I still have all sorts of little things to figure out, purchase, etc., but I'm doing okay. I am nervous but also very excited. This may sound really corny, but I sure have realized how many incredible friends I have and how lucky I am to have a an incredible family!

I'm taking a little flat photo album thingy (one of those cheapy small things) so I can carry you all around with me!

4 Comments:

At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You couldn't have been late to the Indian embassy because you stayed at Hotel de Schaecher right?? I am so excited for you and I will miss you terribly!! You'll be in my heart and my prayers every night!!! I can't wait to hear the stories and see the photos!!! Be safe. Love you!!!!!

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen -
Best of luck on this exciting experience. I wish I had a tenth of the stugots you have to take on such an adventure. I look forward to reading your postings, and see you again in the spring.

Wishing you well and many, many memories,
Cj

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you, Jenn! It was great seeing you the other night - we are looking forward to another visit when you return.
Good luck, be safe and have fun.
Love ya,
Christina, Dennis and Renee

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn,
I didn't know if you would have postings up that we could read regularly or if I would get an email when something new is there. So, I figured I'd check you out, and I'm glad I did! More to read...
Love,
Kelly
p.s.--Pictures of the party are awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home