Sunday, October 16, 2005

My First post

Hello World!!

Here I am, Jenn, getting ready for my big adventure around the world. I am leaving in two weeks and I can't believe I haven't started this blog yet. I have been intending too, because I know all of you, my friends and family, are interested in following my travels around the world. I will start by giving you an itinerary of my trip and enlisting your help to share any of your travel experiences you think might be helpful. Also, let me know if you have friends or family in these areas who might want some strange visitors. :) I'm on my own for Costa Rica & Belize and then my longtime friend and sometimes travel companion, Carrie, will join me for the remainder of the adventure.

Nov. 1 - San Jose, Costa Rica
Nov. 8 - Belize City, Belize
Nov. 17 - Rarotonga, Cook Islands
Dec. 3 - Auckland, New Zealand
Dec. 24 - Sydney, Australia
Jan. 9 - Bangkok, Thailand
Feb. 1 - Siem Reap, Cambodia
Feb. 3 - River Boat to Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Feb. 4 - Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam
Feb. 12 - Delhi, India
Feb. 26 - Tel Aviv, Israel
March 10 - Athens, Greece onward to the islands (Santorini & maybe Zakynthos)
March 17 - Rome, Italy
March 30 (or so) - Leave Italy for Paris, France
April 16 - Back in DC via BWI

PS. I can't believe I'm really doing it! Thanks to my family and friends who have been so supportive, it makes a big difference to me.

6 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger me said...

WOW Jen! What a great adventure you are going to have. Your itinerary ROCKS! You are going to have such a great time. I can't wait to follow your adventures over the coming months. Please be sure to post frequent updates so we can follow your trip around the world!!

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger me said...

PS: Me is David :-)

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

Thanks for your help to get me going on my blog! Okay, now you just have to figure out where you want to join me! :)

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're AWESOME! Mmmm...chocolate cake prior to leaving is just what you needed! Right? I'm glad you're here at my house right now, because soon I will be missing you!

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger me said...

I forgot to mention. When you are in Bangkok. You should goto Khao San Road. It is an awesome place. It has cheap, good eats, great places to shop and you will find many backpackers and other people doing what you are doing. Plus you can get good, clean, cheap massages there for $7-10 for a 1-1.5 hour massage! You will find an internet cafe in just about every establishment. It is a must see. if you google Khao San road you should find some good info.

D

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this blog idea - and I like the easy availabilty of your itinerary - just so I know where to head - if I need to break out of here. I am looking forward to seeing your pics and reading your stories. Lots of Love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home