Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Last Night in Costa Rica - Off to Belize

The shuttle bus was definitely the right decision because even with that I had a little headache going on! At one point the small bridge we were crossing was so bad they had a person guiding cars. Gulp! A funny thing at the end of my ride back to San Jose was that the others on the shuttle were dropped off at these ritzy hotels like the Intercontinental and Palma Real. Definitely not my class of travel these days. But, I went back to Kabata Hostel and they were really nice again and agreed to drive me WAY TOO EARLY to the airport the next day, 4am - UGH! I went to Drew and Lorena's house to have dinner with them and their lovely daughters Maria, Melina, and Carolina (and the cat Manuela too!). Mmmm, pasta with garlic, fresh herbs, and broccoli! Yumm, thanks for the food and great company - what a warm family.

Drew's friend Alex invited us over to hangout at his place with some friends. For a last night in Costa Rica, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and didn't really stop laughing the whole night for more then a second or two. Thibaut and Alex tried to convince me to stay in Costa Rica and forget about Belize and they almost did it too! I was definitely thinking I may have made the wrong decision. I miss Costa Rica and my new friends. So, who wants to come to Belize for a few days! I could use the company. :-)

Took a taxi from the airport and then a marine taxi to Caye Caulker. Right now I'm staying at Tropical Paradise, mainly because they had a pretty nice room with a fan and I was so HOT walking around looking at possible places to throw my pack down. I might check out a hostel to switch to if it's a lot cheaper. I have room with two beds right now so it's a big waste of money - but worth the fan, private bath, and deck.

I think I'll partake of the yummy dinner at the Tropical's restaurant tonight (including some drink) and crash hard in my bed. I hope to do a snorkeling trip, let's hope I can breath properly this time (I think I started hyperventilating the last time I tried). And, of course lay out on the beach!

Oh, if you want to email me directly instead of posting comments on the blog feel free to send to riversjenn@gmail.com

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

J!
I just read all of your posts. Wow! I have to read them more regularly! I'm going to email your regular address soon to fill you in on my stuff. I'm excited for you both that Carrie is joining you soon! Sounds like you're having an amazing journey! I love and miss you!

 
At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn! Costa Rica sounded amazing! It doesn't surprise me you met such great people - takes one to know one! We miss you - the Doctor especially! I can't wait to read you next entry from Belize! Be safe!

Shan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home